Skip to content

And so it is done…

January 5, 2011

As reported earlier, I underwent a dry run as a “professional Smashwords manuscript formatter.”  If that ain’t an unweildy title…

Anyway, Not Nice and Other Understatements by Annetta “Da Woman” Ribken is now available in a multitude, a plethora even, of e-book formats at Smashwords for only $5.

Check out 30% of it absolutely free.  I’ve got it on good authority you’ll want the other 70%.  Go ahead and do it now.  I’ll wait.

Okay, where were we?  Or, rather, where was I since y’all should have just gotten back from completing a transaction to get ‘Netta’s book.  😉

She made it so easy (even through a “three space” mini-crisis) to complete this contract successfully and I enjoyed the work enough that I’m thinking I will open myself up to freelancing this sort of thing.  In other words, if anyone reading this needs formatting/conversion done and hates doing it themselves or you know anyone like that then I’m more than happy to hire myself out to make the process virtually pain-free.  I still have to come up with a contract and possibly set up a company with a snazzy logo and such but I’m sure in the interim we can work something out.

After all, we’re all adults.  Or at least y’all are.  🙂

I’m also willing to help with cover designs although my skills are a little more fledgling on that sort of thing.  For a third party take on any skills I have in that arena you can always ask Lori Whitwam about the cover mockup I did for her hinthint currently unrepresented and totally available and awesome manuscript, Make Or Break.  It wasn’t perfect but it turned out pretty good for not having busted out the big graphic guns.

So, basically, I’ve discovered I have a knack and a taste for making a little moolah while trying to help make the self-pub world a better, less stigmatized place.  And, hell, these skills will help if/when I need to self-pub.  Like when I get a bunch of shorts together and want to put them in a collection.  Trad pubs probably won’t touch it with a fifty-foot katana.  Especially from an unknown.

So, buy ‘Netta’s book (I hear she may even autograph it if you buy a print copy) in either print or e-book.  If you’re an agent, ask Lori for a full.  And if you’re a self-pub, get with me if you’re “ready” and we’ll see what we can work out.

As for me, I need to do some housework.  Yay.

Advertisements
3 Comments leave one →
  1. January 5, 2011 3:45 pm

    Just you wait. If I head into self-pub land with MoB, you’re going to be too busy catering to my ceaseless demands for changes and tweaks and FIX THIS NOW OR I WILL STAB YOU IN THE NECK emergencies. 🙂 You won’t have time for other clients. Just me. Memememe.

    And yes, everyone should read Not Nice! I am not kidding; they will thank me for it, after cursing my name for altering their worldview so drastically and making them afraid of shadows between their bedroom and the bathroom. Netta’s that good.

  2. January 5, 2011 4:46 pm

    Formatting anything is on my list of “I’d Rather Poke My Eye Out With A Coat Hanger”, but formatting for Smashwords takes that to a whole new level. I don’t have the time or the patience to do it, and I was stressing out big-big. You are a true professional, Todd, and you did me a favor. I will never format again. You are the g0-to guy for all future endeavors for me in that department. Great job — I’m very pleased.

    *blush* Thanks for the kind words about “Not Nice”. It’s very…uh…NICE of you both. Heh.

Trackbacks

  1. Holy Smokes « Word Webbing – Literary Home of Annetta Ribken

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: